- Ametek 3050 Moisture Analyzer Series
Ametek 3050 Moisture Analyzer Series
- General Details
Model 3050 Moisture Analyzer Series
The Model 3050 Moisture Analyzer series measures trace levels of moisture in a gas through the use of a quartz-crystal oscillator sample cell. AMETEK is the leader in quartz-crystal technology, which for thirty years has offered significant advantages over other measurement techniques:
• It is the most accurate trace moisture measurement technology available.
• It responds far faster to both increasing and decreasing moisture levels.
• It is specific to moisture in most applications.
• It provides a much more rugged sensor.
Because of these advantages, the quartz-crystal oscillator has become the industry standard for applications ranging from ultrahigh purity semiconductor gases to natural gas streams containing 30% H2S. Now, the Model 3050 analyzers bring the benefits of quartz-crystal technology to a broad spectrum of moisture applications.
Model 3050 OLV Specifications
See individual Specification Sheets on the Documentation tab for other Model 3050 versions.
|Range:||Calibrated from 0.1 to 2500 ppmv. Readout capability in ppmw, lb/mmscf, mg/Nm3 and dew point in ºC or ºF (requires process pressure as an input)|
|Reference Gas:||Continuously produced using actual sample gas|
|Online Verification:||Internal moisture source with NIST-traceable calibration enables on-demand verification of analyzer accuracy and responsiveness without uninstalling the analyzer|
|Accuracy:||±10% of reading from 1 to 2500 ppmv with standard calibration; special calibration ranges not required|
|Reproducibility:||±5.0% of reading from 1 to 2500 ppmv|
|Limits of Detection:||0.1 ppmv|
|A/D Resolution:||16-bit (0.0015%)|
|QCM Response Time:||Near real time. Computer-enhanced response, which may lead to errors is not required to obtain quick wet-up or dry-down response|
|Sensitivity:||0.1 ppmv or 1% of reading, whichever is greater|
|Allowable Inlet Pressure:||1.3 to 3.3 Bar (20 to 50 psi) gauge; up to 200 Bar (3000 psi) with optional pressure reducer; analyzer performance is independent of process pressure|
|Exhaust Pressure:||0 to 1 Bar (0 to 15 psi) gauge|
|Sample Gas Temperature:||0 to 100ºC (32º to 212ºF); analyzer performance is immune to changes in sample gas|
|Gas Flow Requirements:||Approx.150 sccm. Approx. 1.0 slpm bypass flow for increased speed of response|
|Outputs:||Isolated 4-to-20 mA analog signal, 12 bit (0.025%) resolution, RS232 and RS484 serial communication ports (supports Modbus RTU)|
|Alarms:||Three contact closures; system, data valid, and concentration alarms|
|Ambient Temperature Limits:||Analyzer: 5º to 50ºC (41º to 122ºF)
Enclosed Analyzer with sample system: -20º to 45ºC (-4º to 113ºF)
|Voltage Power Requirements:||Analyzer: 24 VDC, 50W
Analyzer with sample system:
120 ± 10% VAC, 50/60 Hz, 150W maximum
230 ± 10% VAC, 50/60 Hz, 150W maximum
Product Data Sheets
- Argon and Nitrogen in Glove Boxes and Blanketed Chambers
- Carbon Dioxide Gas
- Drying Plastic Resin Pellets
- Heat Treatment of Steels and Other Metals
- Helium for Nuclear Reactors
- Hydrogen Cooled Electric Generators
- Instrument Air
- Biofuel Process Analysis
- Compressed Air Line
- Hydrogen Annealing Ovens
- Analytical Devices for the Measurement of Water Vapor and Hydrocarbon Dew-Point in Natural Gas
- Reducing the Detection Limits for a Process Moisture Analyzer
- Seven Deadly Sins of Process Analyzer Applications
- Sample System Best Practices for Water and Hydrocarbon DP Applications
- When Capability is Critical
Model 3050 OLV Certifications
See the approvals and certifications for other Model 3050 versions by visiting the Documentation tab. See the individual Specification Sheets.
- UL/CSA General Safety Requirements (general purpose)
- UL/CSA Class I, Division 2 NEMA 4X, Groups A, B, C, D, T4
- UL/CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, T; IP65
- ATEX II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 or EEx de IIC T; IP65
- Russian GOST 1ExdIICT6X
- Russian GOST Pattern Approval
- Complies with all relevant European directives